Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Can't change WiFi name and password

ixat90ixat90 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive May 11, 2021

Got a new modem and router today. I was able to set it up and it's working.

I wanted to change the WiFi SSID and password. For that, the instructions say to install the Spectrum app. I did, but the section, "Edit Network" as specified in the instructions isn't there anymore.

Now I have an open WiFi with a known default password. How do I change, at least the password?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,019 ADMIN
    May 11, 2021

Hi and welcome!

I was able to locate your account based on your registration information. It looks like you contacted us by phone and were able to get this issue resolved. If you still need assistance, please let us know.

• ixat90ixat90 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    May 11, 2021

Well, there were 2 issues I encountered during my service call and both were resolved.. 

First one was, that my account somehow was in a state that stopped the automated activation, It needed some manual clearing or something from Spectrum’s end.. 

The second was my fault. The coax cable enters the wall under my desk and it’s a bit cramped in there. I managed to connect my network cable loose. 

The third one I found happened after the call, and what I wrote about above, is that I can’t change the SSID, “SpectrumSetup-C0” and the password/pass phrase. There’s nothing anywhere in the Spectrum app that pertains to this task. 

After a quick online search, I found posts saying that the way to modify these, is to look at the app’s  Services” tab, then there should have been an option to, “Edit Network” or something. It isn’t there now. 

So, is there a way to modify the SSID name?

May 11, 2021

Thanks. I included a link to Find or Change Your WiFi Network Name & Password, with full instructions. If the app is not working for you, please trying logging into your My Account at Spectrum.net.

May 11, 2021

I already tried that twice. If you have the SAC2V2S modem, go to 192.168.1.1. What you’ll get is a static web page that tells you to download the Spectrum app.

The Spectrum app only allows one to access your account and pay bills. Nowhere does it allow you to modify the SSID. Try it.

May 12, 2021

Thanks for the follow up message. I am also seeing some recent changes to your account and I am not seeing the wifi is currently enabled. Are you able to connect on wifi and if you are, are you using the SAC2V2S  or a different device?

May 12, 2021

The WiFi is on and working. Only my tablet is connected to it right now. Like I stated, the SSID still shows, "SpectrumSetup-C0". And the question still remains, how do I change that SSID? The Spectrum app used to have a section that does that. It isn't there now.

May 12, 2021

Thanks. It appears that this issue will need to be escalated to the internet team for resolution. I have sent you a private message to gather some additional information needed to send the escalation request.

This discussion has been closed.