Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why does Channel 918 (WAPA America) no longer appear in the Spectrum App?

LCRGLCRG Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited May 24 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App May 12, 2021

Until two days ago you can watch channel 918 (Wapa America) thru the app. That is not longer possible. Specifically after the last update.

Tagged:

Comments

• BoriBori Posts: 1
    May 18, 2021

Any updates on WAPA? I still can’t see it on the app!

• LCRGLCRG Posts: 5 ✭✭
    May 18, 2021

No updates yet. Still waiting

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,011 ADMIN
    May 18, 2021

Apologies, there is no new information at this time. I will continue to monitor for updates.

• x2stp0x2stp0 Posts: 1
    edited May 19 May 18, 2021

Hello,

The only reason why I have Spectrum is because channel 918 (Wapa). We are unable to see that channel since last week and when I called your representative informed me that the issue will be resolved soon.

Please provide an status before I look for another provider.

Hopefully, you also pra credit for the inconvenience because we are barely using the TV now.

Thank you,

Gerardo

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    May 20, 2021

Good morning.

I am sorry, in looking I do not see an update on this yet. I am not seeing a date listed for

expectations on this. I am sorry we are not able to provide any additional information about this.

Julia_R

• LCRLCR Posts: 8 ✭✭
    May 24, 2021

Hello,

I am waiting for an answer regarding why WAPA.TV is not longer in spectrum mobile app. What have been the reasons? How much longer do engineers need to re-establish the channel?

Luis

May 24, 2021

We apologize for any continued frustration. Our engineers are aware of the issue and working to restore the channel. Some areas that were impacted have been restored and may see the channel listed and mislabeled as WAPA HD instead of WAPA SD.

Unfortunately, there is no additional information available at this time. We will continue to monitor and provide updates when they become available.

• EFloresEFlores Posts: 2
    May 24, 2021

We are still waiting for updates.

May 26, 2021

I am not aware that there have been areas affected and for which you have to remove the channel. So why Wapa and not another channel?

May 29, 2021

Sorry, But we are still waiting for the updates.

• LMoralesLMorales Posts: 1
    Jun 01, 2021

Any updates on why Wapa America is not longer in the line up? Please fix this! Thanks.

Jun 01, 2021

No news from Spectrum. Wapa America still not in tha app.

• cdetroyacdetroya Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Jun 02, 2021

Are we getting the real story from Spectrum? Is it really an App issue or a contractual issue between Spectrum and swaps? I assume that if it were an app issue Spectrum engineers should’ve able to fix it by now? can you please elevate this to a senior level?

Will a refund be offered for the days channel 918 has been missing from the lineup?

• arra340arra340 Posts: 2
    Jun 02, 2021

I am wondering what Spectrum is hiding in all of this. They increased the Latino View package in June, and now missing the only channel that my folks watch on the tv app for the last three weeks. Really? They can't figure it out how to add back this channel to the tv app? This is absurd, and completely unacceptable. We all should get a credit in the June statement for this inconvenient.

• Robert_C12Robert_C12 Posts: 1
    Jun 02, 2021

If Spectrum isn't going to be adding to the list of programming again, then I'm going to be canceling the service as this channel is the reason we signed up for the service. Please provide an update.

Jun 02, 2021

Any answers from Spectrum Management ? Why are they ignoring us.? We only want our Wapa.tv back.

edited June 3 Jun 03, 2021

We apologize for any frustration, please be assured that we are monitoring for updates and our engineers are aware of the issue and working to restore the channel as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, there is no additional information available at this time.

We will continue to monitor and provide any additional updates when they become available.

• cdetroyacdetroya Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Jun 03, 2021

James_M, thanks for the update. Any way we can get a status from your manager? I’m not sure this issue has been elevated.

Jun 03, 2021

@cdetroya

I can assure you that the issue has been escalated and our engineers are working on a fix. I continue to actively monitor our internal communications and will provide an update when one is available.

Unfortunately, no additional information is available at this time.

Jun 08, 2021

Will there be no further updates on the wapa.tv application?

• EFloresEFlores Posts: 2
    Jun 10, 2021

We still Waiting.🤨

Jun 10, 2021

I think Spectrum management doesn't care that wapa.tv was pulled from the app. They just give us the excuse that the engineers are working to fix it. The same engineers who removed the channel.

Jun 10, 2021

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the frustration. Our engineers have indicated that they currently anticipate an ETA of 6/18/21 for access to the channel to be restored on the Spectrum TV app.

I will continue to monitor and provide any updates when they become available.

• arra340arra340 Posts: 2
    Jun 12, 2021

Thank you James for keeping us updated, but the reality is that we deserve a compensation of losing that channel on the tv app for close to two months. Totally unacceptable from the "engineers" who are "working on that issue.

• ToroToro Posts: 1
    Jun 15, 2021

Channel is greatly missed. Get it back on ASAP and keep the name and standing of SPECTRUM up high in service or customers might move to other providers.

Jun 15, 2021

My question is: Why Wapa and not other channels?

• EBraveEBrave Posts: 1
    Jun 16, 2021

I called and was told that they no longer carried the channel in the app, just on the box. The only reason I had the service was for that channel and with the app. If someone can verify when the channel shows up on the app I’d appreciate it. My mom loves watching it on the app in her room and was really really upset when they just took it off without notice.

Jun 16, 2021

I just checked the App and FINALLY channel 918 is there.

Jun 16, 2021

FINALLY Channel 918 is in the App

This discussion has been closed.