Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

DVR question

Jim2413Jim2413 Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
in TV Equipment May 17, 2021

Hello, there is a local tv program that comes on once a week, but I am unable to record the series. I have to go in every week and manually record it. I have read somewhere that a live program can't be set up as a record series but I have my local MLB, NBA, and local news set up as record series, they are live programs and they work fine, or is this just a local program glitch. It is frustrating as I sometimes forget to set it manually and it sure would be nice for it to record automatically.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    May 17, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi Jim,

Excellent information provided. Thank you! There are several locally produced shows that are not set up in the guide database as being able to be programmed as a series. But, as this content is being produced weekly, and seems to have a strong following within the local community, I am sure that one of our mods will be able to send this feedback to the Spectrum Guide Development Team requesting that The Rizzo Show is able to be programmed as a series in a future software update.

Satch

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    May 17, 2021

Hi Jim,

What is the name of the local program or series, and on what channel does it appear? Also, do the following for us please, search on line for "What Guide do I Have?", Spectrum. One of the first things that should come up in search results is you will be asked to enter your street address at Spectrum's site. It will list the cable box guides avaliable in your city and tell us the one that matches yours. Than we know the software that your box is running.

You are correct that some guide data can not be set up as a series.

Satch

• Jim2413Jim2413 Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    edited May 17 May 17, 2021

Satch, thanks for getting back to me. I live in NE Ohio and have the Spectrum guide, I have one of the new Spectrum 210(no clock) box, with the black remote control. The program is the Rizzo Show(a local tv show in NE Ohio) and it comes on every Sunday at 11:00 pm on channel 8, the fox local station. I can't set it up automatically to record every week, I have to remember to manually go into the guide and record it. Another local show the Red Zone(On Bally sports Great lakes channel 36) comes on every week in the football season and periodically during the offseason and I am able to set that show up as a Series.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.