Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why Won't the Spectrum TV App Work Any Longer?

ClaudiaCClaudiaC Posts: 2 ✭✭

Up until 5/13, this app worked perfectly on my Android phone. When I opened the app on 5/13, nothing would load - just seeing a constant 'spinner'. My phone has the most recent update, and I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times - no luck on resolving the issue. My internet connection and speed are fine, and I have no problem with other videos (e.g., amazon prime video).

From reading reviews of the app in the Google store, a large number of individuals are reporting the same problem, several of them starting at pretty much the same time.

Can you please advise what can be done to resolve this?

Best Answer

• ClaudiaCClaudiaC Posts: 2 ✭✭
    May 18, 2021 Accepted Answer

There was never an error message, just the spinner. This was happening at home. I had not restarted the modem previously. Interestingly, there was a brief power outage at home yesterday; while it may be coincidental, the app is now working on my phone. Thanks!

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,018 ADMIN
    May 18, 2021

Sorry for any poor experience. A couple follow-up questions:

• Are you getting an error message?
    • Have you tried restarting the modem on the account?
    • Does this happen at home or away from home, or both?
    • Last, do you have another device that you can use to test if the issue occurs on a different device?
  • Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    May 20, 2021

I suspect with the power outage, that modem would have rebooted. That is very often the

fix for the app for a variety of issues. The app depends on authentication, in part handled by

the connection of the modem to our billing system. Long story short, when experiencing

app issues the first step would be to power cycle that modem.

Glad to hear it is resolved~

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.