Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Which cable boxes have RF capabilities on the remote

BensmithBensmith Posts: 4 ✭✭
in TV Equipment May 19, 2021

Is there a cable box that comes with an RF capable remote. I just got a Spectrum 201-t and it appears this if IF only.

Replies

• catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 15 ✭✭✭
    May 19, 2021

World Box 110 or 210 STB series have RF capabilities.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19 May 19, 2021

My understanding is that you can use the older and more common IF remote on World Boxes if you have one. The newer RF remote that comes with World Boxes, will not work with the older clock boxes by default, I think they can be programed to do that but am not sure. Most customers prefer the older IF remotes anyway

RF remotes don't have to have a direct line of sight to the equipment that they are controlling. A downside is that RF remotes go through batteries faster.

Satch

• BensmithBensmith Posts: 4 ✭✭
    May 19, 2021

Do the 210 STB record 4 shows at once (4 tuners)

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    May 20, 2021

Yea,

All "No Clock" World Box DVR's are 1TB of storage and 4 tuners.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.