Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How many solid lights should be on my modem?

EliasjadeEliasjade Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Connectivity May 20, 2021

I have two questions:

1). How many solid lights should be lighted on my modem if it is operating correctly? I have two on channels now, but I thought it used to display three on lights.

2): My wifi analyzer indicates that my strongest channel is channel #4. How do I check which channel the modem is currently utilizing?

Tagged:

Accepted Answers

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    May 20, 2021 Accepted Answer

Good morning! Welcome to the community!

The question depends in part on what modem you have. If you can post the make/model here we can help look that up.

Do you have a modem/router combo or do you have a separate modem and router? Normally to see what channel the router is set to you can login. If you are using our Advanced In Home WiFi you would not need to adjust that, it is set to set its self to the optimal channel available at any given time.

Julia_R

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 402 MOD
    May 21, 2021 Accepted Answer

Thank you for that information. It sounds like things are working fine. As for the channel that is something you would need to login to the router to adjust. It sounds like you own your own router so you would need to contact the manufacturer of the router to get information as to how to do that.

-Tyleen

Replies

• EliasjadeEliasjade Posts: 3 ✭✭
    May 20, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for responding. I have a separate modem and router. The Modem is a Spectrum modem and the only two solid blue lights are one for "power" and the other is "online" .The only other unlighted nomenclature is "voice".Everything seems to be working fine but just wanted to be sure.

The Router is a Linksys router.

The reason I was curious is that on my WIFI Analyzer, it indicated that the strongest signal is on channel "4". I don't know how to check which channel I am on. Thank you very much.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 124 MOD
    May 23, 2021

Good morning @Eliasjade

That lighting sequence on our modem is good. That means you have a good connection. The "voice" part is if you had our landline phone service. Then it would be lit and flash when you were talking on the phone.

As for your router, you would need to contact your router's manufacturer. I know we usually keep our modem's on "auto" for the channel selection of each band. That way if the channel they are on is congested, it will automatically switch to another channel. The numbers I have for Linksys are:

800-546-5797

Tech Support- 800-326-7114

Randy

• EliasjadeEliasjade Posts: 3 ✭✭
    May 23, 2021

Thanks Randy. Appreciate taking the time to respond

Jim.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 124 MOD
    May 23, 2021

Gladly. Any time :)

This discussion has been closed.