Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Where/How to Report Outdated Call Letters/Channel Names in Guide?

Joey1986Joey1986 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 20 in Channels & Programming May 20, 2021

How do I report outdated call letters or channel names in the onscreen Guide?

This is concerning the fairly-recent respective rebrands of the regional sports networks Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket to Bally Sports West and Bally Sports SoCal. On both my Spectrum Guide and ODN boxes (I have one of each) in Los Angeles (90024), these channels (41/320 and 42/321, respectively, on my lineup), are still labeled by their old names (FSWHD and PRIMEHD). This is despite sporting (no pun intended) the Bally Sports logo.

If a mod could pass along my feedback to whoever is responsible for keeping this info updated, I propose 41/320 to be relabeled BSWHD (standing for Bally Sports West HD) and 42/321 relabeled BSSCHD (for Bally Sports SoCal HD).

These and all the other RSNs formerly under the Fox Sports name rebranded to Bally Sports back on March 31. So, in my opinion, it’s about time that their names in the Guide be updated accordingly.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    May 20, 2021

Thank you for your feedback on this! We do appreciate the time you have take to join

us here in the community to provide that!

Hope you have a great day!

Julia_R

• Joey1986Joey1986 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭✭
    May 30, 2021

@Julia_R Another outdated channel name I found only in the Spectrum Guide was NewsNation (channels 16 and 126 in my area), which is still labeled WGNA (for WGN America). It has the NewsNation logo, though. The label should be changed to NWSNTNHD or something like that, depending on the number of alphanumeric characters that can fit. ODN Guide has the channel name right.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭
    May 31, 2021

Another outdated listing,

On the ODN Guide, in Milwaukee Wisconsin, channel 776, the On Demand Barker channel, shows Time Warner Cable call letters. In the left hand corner of the guide screen, it is correctly identified as Spectrum.

It's been that way for several years.

Satch

edited June 3 Jun 03, 2021

In Spectrum Guide, Fox Sports 1 (channels 96/400) and Fox Sports 2 (channel 401) are mislabeled as BS1HD and BS2HD, respectively. These channels did not rebrand to Bally Sports, as these inaccurate call letters suggest. Please change them back to FS1HD and FS2HD.

ODN Guide is not affected by this.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭
    Jun 11, 2021

Update,

Spectrum has added Movies! on channel 997 in Milwaukee Wisconsin and metro areas. But the left hand side of the Time Grid ODN guide software still incorrectly identifies it as Bounce TV.

Satch

Jun 20, 2021

@Julia_R Did you pass along the additional feedback that @Satch and I provided regarding outdated channel names and call letters? Such as my post from June 3 regarding FS1 and FS2 (channels 96/400 and 401, respectively) being wrongly relabeled as BS1 and BS2? These are national sports channels that were not sold off to Sinclair, which is why they retained the Fox Sports name. Please have the call letters reverted to FS1HD and FS2HD.

Also, NewsNation (channels 16/126 on my lineup) is still labeled WGNA. Should be changed to NEWSNTN, the same way it’s listed in ODN.

I have more to add (these are mostly inaccurate or incomplete names):

Trinity Broadcasting Network (17/1234, a religious network) is an HD channel, so HD should be added after the TBN call letters.

KWHY (22/1229, local Spanish-language independent station) is an HD channel, so HD should be added after the KWHY call letters.

UCTV (25, educational access-type channel) is not an HD channel, so the “D” after the UCTV call letters should be removed.

Galavisión (44, 827) should have HD added after its GALA call letters.

Syfy (59, 111) should have HD added to its call letters.

Trvl Channel (165): This channel is labeled TWTRVPH. Should be changed to TRVLHD, to be more in line with its logo/branding.

BBC World News (209) should be labeled BBCWNHD, not BBCNAHD.

PAC 12 L.A. (376) should be labeled P12LAHD, in line with the other regional feeds’ call letters (P12AZ for the Arizona feed, for example).

ACCN (388) should be labeled ACCNHD, not just ACC.

Golf Channel (80/405) should be labeled GOLFHD, in line with its logo/branding. The “O” is missing from the call letters.

TUDN (444 and 959) is still labeled UNIDEPHD, reflecting its former Univisión Deportes branding. Should be changed/updated to TUDNHD.

The issues I listed above only affect the New Spectrum Guide, not ODN.

This discussion has been closed.