Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

What is the Best Streaming Stick that Works with the Spectrum TV App?

SatchSatch Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

Asking for a customer. Below is his situation:

My older brother can no longer use the spectrum app to watch TV on his Xbox One, It will either not load past the Authentication screen or load into a none function spectrum app that doesn't load any channels or information.

The something happens when trying to load the Spectrum app from his Samsung smart TV. We've deleted & reinstalled the app on both the TV and Xbox, and hard restarted both and they will not work no matter what we try.

I also went out and bought a Chromecast TV dongle from Best Buy hoping to install the spectrum app on there, but when i got the dam thing working it said the spectrum app was no longer available & couldn't find it for download?

My question is what are my options here for a streaming stick that works with the spectrum app? Because Roku no longer offers it and it seems chrome cast as well? Am i stuck having to get an Apple TV just so he can watch Spectrum?

Satch

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,011 ADMIN
    May 21, 2021

Hi @Satch,

Thanks for bringing this up. I noticed this was recently reported over on DSL Reports (link included below). The customer added that the issue started after the modem was replaced. From what he posted, this is an issue that will require access to the account information to resolve. If you encourage the customer to come over here and post his issue, we can send him a private message and investigate. My guess is that maybe he doesn't know about this forum. Thanks again!!

This discussion has been closed.