**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Why? Every time I try to use the My Spectrum app to port forward, it crashes.

FrodebugFrodebug Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Connectivity May 26, 2021

I have a SAC2V2S router which apparently can only be managed by the My Spectrum smartphone app, NOT directly by a browser on any computer connected to the LAN (I have never seen a router that can not be managed this way - but whatever).

Anyway, when I try to set up Port Forwarding for my FTP server, I start in the My Spectrum app by going to "Services," then "Router," then "Advanced Settings," then "Port Forwarding and IP Reservations." I then select the device (computer) running the FTP server software. This pulls up "Reserve IP Address" toggle button. As soon as I click on the toggle button, the My Spectrum app crashes, every time.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,603 Lead Mod
    May 26, 2021

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. First thing I would suggest is making the app is up to date, best way to make sure this is the case is to delete the app and then redownload. The next thing would be to powercycle the modem, then the router. This should re-establish the connection.

Have you seen this behavior on any other devices that may have the app?

Julia_R

• FrodebugFrodebug Posts: 2 ✭✭
    May 28, 2021

I ran out of time and patience. I just bought a $60 ASUS router instead, which can be controlled FAR EASIER through a browser window on my computer, with far more options, and a far larger screen than a tiny little smartphone app. Got my FTP server ported through the new router very easily. What on earth made Spectrum think of a smartphone app for router control, when a standard browser window is so much easier? I would strongly suggest Spectrum make their router controllable through a computer browser window, not a goofy little smartphone app.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,603 Lead Mod
    May 30, 2021

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your letting us know that our wireless/options did not work for your needs.. There are so very many types of needs out there. Some people need more intricate changes, others dont need any advanced features at all to meet their households needs. I am sorry to hear ours did not work well for your needs but happy to hear you have the situation sorted out in a way that works well for you.

The variety of different needs out there is one of the reasons people are not required to use our equipment or wireless services. Thank you for your participation in the Community. We hope to see your continued participation.

Julia_R