**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

ability to revert ODN/MDN appearance

kendocankendocan Posts: 1
edited June 3 in TV Equipment Jun 03, 2021

so, around 2019, i noticed my cable boxes had suddenly lost a bunch of color in the interface. it turns out, the guide went completely flat, and took some color with it. i think we should be allowed to revert this design. after all, we can still enable the yellow accent color from long ago during the TWC era, so why can't we enable the classic 3d blue appearance? also, this may even be a good choice for accessibility, since colors are much brighter and vibrant, and can be seen better from further away than the new dark blues and plain whites.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 343 MOD
    Jun 04, 2021

Hello @kendocan and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We will be sure to pass it along to the relevant team for consideration.

Paul B.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6 Jun 06, 2021

I can relate to @kendocan's experience,

Except I go back further to around MDN 3.0 and ODN 4.0 when Navigator ODN/MDN had the color scheme in the included shot. I would like to see the return of that color scheme on all the HD ADSG boxes that run ODN. This would include Arris, Cisco/Technicolor, and Samsung boxes in legacy TWC/Brighthouse Networks areas. Legacy Charter never had MDN/ODN guides. And MDN is now a defunct platform.

However, in the still widely support ODN Guide platform, the ability to change the color scheme in Settings from "New" to "Classic" now omits all of the blue in the "Classic" interface. Currently, in "ODN Classic" you only get a yellow indicator. As suggested by the OP, this was changed in ODN about three years ago. The proposal is that the "Classic Interface" in ODN would bring back the guide shown below, or very similar to that color sequence in HD with the 90 minutes of programing currently in the Time Grid. keep the "New" color scheme as the default setting in Settings. But if users switch to ODN "Classic" we should see an HD version of Time Grid programing close to the classic ODN guide below. Make sure to keep the same functionality when changing from "New" to "Classic" color scheme in ODN Settings. I am referring to a color change only!

Satch.