**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Periodic packet loss, lasts 1 - 2 minutes, getting worse

Mark77Mark77 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 14 in Connectivity Jun 06, 2021

Hello. For years we've had a rock solid connection, but within the last 1-2 months, we've experienced significant packet loss. It generally happens for 1-2 minutes, then everything's fine again. Lately in the evenings it has been occurring roughly 1-2 times per hour.

I'm using an Asus RT-N66U router. I had been using an Asus CM-16 cable modem, which I just replaced with a Netgear CM1200, hoping the problem was tied to the Puma6 chipset, but it's still happening.

I've rebooted everything multiple times. I did a hard reset on the router. I've also plugged my laptop directly into the cable modem. Nothing has helped.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Mark77Mark77 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jun 06, 2021

This is from the last time it happened.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 76 MOD
    Jun 07, 2021

Good afternoon and thank you for letting us know and for the opportunity to help. Thanks also for the screenshots, very helpful. I would assume you have but need to ask, when you rebooted, did you also check the coax cable connections on the back of the modem through to where it screws into the wall? Make sure there aren't any kinks or pinches in the wire?

• Mark77Mark77 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jun 08, 2021

Hi. Yes, cables are all in good condition and properly tightened.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 76 MOD
    Jun 08, 2021

Thanks @Mark77 . Be on the lookout for a private message from me here in the community. I want to reach out that way to get your account information to take a look and get this fully resolved for you. It will be within the next few minutes.

And of course everyone is welcome to jump in and help out if you notice something in Mark77 screenshots or have some insights to share.

Randy