Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Can't get the Spectrum App to work on anything - Answered and resolved

WalterTWalterT Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 9 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App Jun 07, 2021

Bought a brand new Samsung Smart TV. The Spectrum app does not work on it. First, it was buffering every few seconds, then that stopped after about a week. Now I either get an error code that says try again later or it simply fails to load completely showing me just the opening window with no text. I've restarted, rebooted, reinstalled...nothing. My signal strength is excellent with Wi-Fi.. I even tried wired internet with no luck. So, I purchased a ROKU back in December and had the Spectrum App there, but to no avail. Here it hangs up on the launch. Sometimes it will ask me for my user name which it never accepts. Other times, it will just go right into channel data, but then the spinning circle starts up and I never get to the point where I see content. At this point, I'm completely fed up with this app. How is it possible that a huge corporation like Spectrum can put out such a horrible app?

Best Answer

Replies

• WalterTWalterT Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 8 Jun 08, 2021

OK...so I installed it on Android... this time I get the Guide and a spinning wheel which is more than what I got with the two other devices. I then get an error code DVS-1001 after about 3 minutes of the spinning wheel. My internet speed is excellent after I did a speed test. Connection says "excellent." Great app.

• WalterTWalterT Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jun 09, 2021

Restarting modem seemed to work for the ROKU, but the app on the Samsung is constantly buffering every ten seconds. At least I’m able to watch now on the ROKU. Thanks

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,018 ADMIN
    Jun 09, 2021

Glad to hear the modem restart helped. For the Samsung TV, you can try changing the WiFi in Network Settings. I'd suggest to try using the 5g network if you are currently connected to 2.4g, alternately you can try 2.4g if you are connected to 5g. You can also try switching WiFi channels, as there may be interference that is impacting the signal to the TV.

Let us know if we can assist further!