Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why only 30 minutes on recording stop time?

jeljel Posts: 2 ✭✭

Why are we limited to extending recording to 30 minutes. Several sports events go over the scheduled time by more than 30 minutes. The reason I signed up for STV is to get Tennis Channel and Bally Sports. Watching the French Open this week and my recordings stop during critical times in the match. Please extend options on stop time to 30, 60, or more like your competition does. This is unacceptable for sports recordings. I don't want to think about what it's going to be during football season.

jel

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭✭
    Jun 11, 2021

Hi Jel,

If it is currently not possible to go over 30 minutes end time for Spectrum TV apps, than a critical update is needed. Users should be able to extend the end time recordings on all devices, up to at least two hours. The boxes do this already, and have for a long time.

Satch

• jeljel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Jun 11, 2021

Satch: Thanks for your reply. I don't understand it tho. Is Spectrum working on a "critical update?" I that something we'll see in the near future allowing end time to be extended by 2 hours? When will this be available on the app?

Thanks,

jel

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 137 MOD
    Jun 14, 2021

Good morning, Jel!

You should have the option to set the stop time when you set up the recording for up to two hours after the event is scheduled to end. If you don't manually set that it will stick to just recording the time allotted by the channel (initially) in the guide. Here is a good support page about this: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/spectrum-guide-dvr-recording/

If you have already double-checked all of that and still only see extending it 30 minutes. Try unplugging the power for about 2 minutes an plugging it back in. It will take about 5-10 minutes to boot back up. If there is a firmware update needed and ready, if it hasn't already been updated, the reboot should grab that update at the same time.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.