Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Does it work on older 32bit (Android 6) phones

davexnetdavexnet Posts: 48 ✭✭✭✭

I can't find any confirmation, but it crashes after going to the browser for login credentials.

Works fine on a newer Android 10 phone

Best Answer

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 01, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello!

We do still offer some models of WiFi routers that you can use the web interface with. You can take the one you currently have to any Spectrum Store location. If they have any of those models available, you can swap that out. You can also use your own router if that works better for your needs. You are not required to use our modem or our router. More advanced users sometimes prefer to customize more and find a particular type of router works better for them.

Julia_R

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,070 ADMIN
    Jun 23, 2021

The current version is 9.11.0 and it requires Android 5.0 and up. What is the make and model of the phone?

• davexnetdavexnet Posts: 48 ✭✭✭✭
    Jun 29, 2021

It is a Samsung J7 Sky Pro (tracfone Android 6 Marshmallow phone)

IT absolutely does not work on that phone. The app goes into some kind of loop when the

credentials are entered into the web browser.

Why does the app go to a browser to get the logon credentials in the first place?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,070 ADMIN
    Jun 29, 2021

@davexnet

Thanks for the response. I reached out to the app team and they are aware of the issue, and are putting in a fix to resolve the issue in the next update. Look for an update in the near future that will restore functionality to older devices.

James

Jun 29, 2021

Does the app really need to go to web browser for the UserID and password?

What's that about? Seems like bad programming to me.

What I'd really like to do, since Spectrum do list other models available, is to swap

this wifi/router for one that has a web interface and uninstall this app altogether

Jul 03, 2021

Thanks you Julia

edited July 11 Jul 11, 2021

I went to the Spectrum shop in Torrance CA and the only other router they had

was an updated version of the one I had. The guy promised me it had been "improved".

So what is the truth? Are there really routers still available that offers

user customization through web browser?

Or will I have to eventually buy my own?

This discussion has been closed.