Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

No more Newsy on Spectrum

Jim2413Jim2413 Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
edited July 1 in Channels & Programming Jul 01, 2021

While channel surfing yesterday day I saw on the Newsy channel, Programming is no longer available. Searching I found this:

Scripps had revealed plans for Newsy to become an over-the-air channel, and as a result, they had planned to remove the channel from cable and pay television services by the end of June. Though Newsy is still accessible on AT&T, Dish Network’s Sling TV, fuboTV, Verizon Fios, Spectrum, and Comcast’s Xfinity, it will be removed in the coming weeks.

This big change for Newsy, slated to occur on October 1, will make Newsy available to 80% of households across the nation free to television viewers with an antenna. According to a release by Scripps, the service will be carried primarily by Scripps-owned Ion Television stations and select Scripps local television stations and those of other station groups.

I wonder on October 1 if Spectrum will pick up Newsy as a local channel?

Best Answer

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 394 MOD
    Jul 02, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello @Jim2413 thank you for your post.

I did some research on this and I am seeing that Newsy does appear to be going to an over the air broadcast. can pass along feedback that this is a channels that you would like Spectrum to continue to carry.

Paul_B

This discussion has been closed.