Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Apple TV cannot sort channels on Guide by channel number

cgpcgp Posts: 2 Spectator

I purchased new Apple TV June 2021.

I cannot sort channels on channel guide by number with Spectrum TV app. Channels are always sorted alphabetically by default with no way to change.

This CAN be done with Spectrum app on iPad AND on iPhone AND while viewing on computer.

Is there a way sort by channel number with Apple TV?

This seems to be a MAJOR design oversight which will force me to return the Apple TV.

There are simply too many channels to navigate via alpha list!

Please advise....

Best Answer

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 435 Moderator
    Jul 02, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello @cgp and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to sort the channels on the Apple TV by channel number. I can certainly pass along feedback to our development teams that this is something you would like to see.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Paul_B

Replies

• cgpcgp Posts: 2 Spectator
    Jul 02, 2021

Yes, please inform development team,,,!

Also note that the option of so-called "filter" options are ineffective.

For example, suppose I wish to find a Super Bowl broadcast. Further suppose the Super Bowl is broadcast on CBS. If I filter by "Sports" channels, the Super Bowl will not appear as a choice since CBS is not a "Sports" channel.

Similar scenarios can be envisioned when searching other items (e.g. Movies filter, Family filter, etc.).

• jkfjkf Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited July 2021 Jul 07, 2021

I don't understand. If you hold the Apple TV remote in the center portion of the square down with your thumb.... do you get a "Sort By" menu above the "Filter By" option. From the sort by menu, you have the option of A-Z or Channel Number. The channel number is displayed in numerical order, right next to the channel logo.

My version is 2.11 with a build date of 6/20/21.

This discussion has been closed.