**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

"null" in caller IDs.

AntDudeAntDude Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭
in Digital Phone Jul 06, 2021

Is anyone else seeing "null" in Spectrum's caller IDs for some incoming calls these days?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 06, 2021

Hey Ant,

I have seen on the first of the month and the end of the month a lot of "Hang Up" Spam/Robocalls. I reported this to Spectrum in the Digital Phone forum and also to Nomorobo. Nomorobo is sending this to their design team. I have not seen the word "Null." From the second day of the month to second last day of the month, things are good.

Do you have both Call Guard and Nomorobo activated?

Satch

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6 Jul 06, 2021

Satch: Only CallGuard. Also, the numbers were from known numbers I trust (AT&T landline and VZW #).

edited July 6 Jul 06, 2021

The issue seems to be fixed now? No more nulls from a random phone number and my own cellular number.

Jul 18, 2021

I just noticed one yesterday according to logs.

Jul 19, 2021

Ant,

Do you mean logs in your Spectrum "My Account?" Call Guard blocks or on Caller ID on TV. Some will penatrate through the system, but will resolve most of the time. If you have both Call Guard and Nomorobo activated, you should see a drop in Robocalls by somewhere between 80-90%.

Remember that Call Guard is designed to drop the call before the first ring. "Spam Risk" calls that have the potential for blocking will show on CAIDTV if you have Spam Risk on in your account.

Nomorobo needs one ring to screen the call. The goal is to have your phone ring no more than once, and to have the spam and robocallers not able to bother you by leaving messages.

Satch

Jul 19, 2021

Satch: In cable TV boxes' incoming call logs. I don't see a way to view those incoming calls in account online. I haven't re-enabled NomoRobo yet. I want to deal with this null issue first to avoid conflicts.

Jul 19, 2021

You should contact Spectrum Voice Support to check your account for those "Null" calls. Let them know.

Satch