Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Eventually lost connectivity from the afternoon til night.

LegoLego Posts: 2 Spectator
edited August 2021 in Internet 2021 Archive Jul 06, 2021

I am eventually met connection lost in afternoon around 5pm (3rd time with similar phenomenal in 1 month) and after replugged I got US light keep blinking until the night around 8pm then the connect recovering. Check 192.168.100.1 found Connectivity State: In progress - Access denied. Only 1 channel in Down stream: 297~309MHz, 0.7~1.0dBmV, SNR 36.9dB. Got online support several time without solved and I got the modem replaced once but today again I got the same connection lost phenomenal.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,391 ADMIN
    Jul 08, 2021 Answer ✓

There can be several reasons for intermittent issues. If there is damage to the cable outside, then changes in the weather can cause the cable to expand and contract, amplifying existing issues. So, when it gets warmer, the issue may get worse, and when it is cooler, it may seem to improve.

Technicians are trained to identify and resolve these issues and I recommend another service call. Be sure to keep the appointment, even if the issue improves. If you would like assistance setting up a service call, please let us know.

Replies

Jul 07, 2021

Hi and welcome!

When was the last time you had a service call? Looks like some signals are out of range and will require a technician to address the issue.

Thanks for the question.

• LegoLego Posts: 2 Spectator
    Jul 07, 2021

Hi,

Lastime is 2 weeks ago. Got an appointments as well but I cancelled because it back to normal at appointed day.

Today again at 5:56pm

Seem this is connecting to hot weather, warming cable got a higher resistant right?

How to get technicians fix this? if they came at the time when the connection is still good?

Jul 12, 2021

There can be several reasons for intermittent issues. If there is damage to the cable outside, then changes in the weather can cause the cable to expand and contract, amplifying existing issues. So, when it gets warmer, the issue may get worse, and when it is cooler, it may seem to improve.

Technicians are trained to identify and resolve these issues and I recommend another service call. Be sure to keep the appointment, even if the issue improves. If you would like assistance setting up a service call, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.