Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Download Card on Cable Box After Power Outage

DCarterDCarter Posts: 3 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Jul 08, 2021

Our city had a power outage early yesterday afternoon (3+ hours), and afterwards, once the power had been restored, our main cable box (with DVR) shows a message (dNLD CARD).

I came across a previous post regarding this same problem (dated October 2020), in which the "poster" stated that they had reset the cable box both manually and via the app. The response provided suggested to also unplug the coax cable (in addition to the power cord) when resetting manually.

I have tried both, or all of the above, but to no avail. Suggestions on how to proceed, or any other ideas?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 08, 2021

Call customer care,

They will be able to tell if the power outage messed up something in your area and can help reboot your cable box on their end over the phone, if something is not out on their end.

Do you have other services from Spectrum? Such as Internet and Voice, and are they restored? In other words, just an issue with the box? Post back after calling Customer Care with an update report Thanks!

Satch

• DCarterDCarter Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jul 08, 2021

Thank you, Satch. I will call customer care when I have a moment.

To answer your question, I do have other services as well as other cable boxes. However, this particular box is the only DVR capable box, and is the only item that is having issues.

I'll call customer care and post their response afterwards.

• DCarterDCarter Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jul 09, 2021

Fyi - in follow-up to this post. We had unplugged both the power cord and the coax cable for the entirety of the night. Late the following morning (shortly after my original post) I ended up heading out for an appointment, and soon after I got back home (4+ hours later) the box started to reboot on its own and all is back to normal.

As it turns out, no call to customer care was ever made, nor was it needed.

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 315 MOD
    Jul 11, 2021

Thank you for the update. If there is anything further we can assist you with please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.