Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Can't change my WiFi name and password.

SuatSuat Posts: 1
in Home Networking Jul 10, 2021

I decided to use Spectrum router by considering it would be easier to solve any problems remotely by Spectrum and it would be also safer. However, I can't even access my WiFi network in the Spectrum app or Spectrum website. I can't even change the default WiFi name and password. I contacted tech support and they said that they can change the WiFi name and password for me!!! Really?

Commscope, SAC2V1A: Connection Status Unavailable

This is what I see all the time. And I don't even mention that I can't use 192.168.1.1 to set up anything in the router settings as it only instructs to download the app that doesn't work.

Should I really buy my own router?

Could you please advise? Thanks.

Replies

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 148 MOD
    Jul 12, 2021

Good afternoon @Suat and thank you for bringing your question here. You actually should be able to change that information through the app or by logging in through the instructions on the label. Plus, we can change the wifi names/password for you as well. Did you already try uninstalling and reinstalling the My Spectrum app?

• Bushy0Bushy0 Posts: 1
    Aug 03, 2021

Literally the same issue. I don't want to contact support whenever I need/want to change something on my local network. The router doesn't even show up on the app or website.

This discussion has been closed.