Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Pause Live TV on Apple TV?

Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 185 Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Using the *new* Apple TV remote.

Comments

• JohnnyDogJohnnyDog Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2021

Can I pause and rewind while watching LIVE TV with this new Apple TV and remote like I could with my DVR cable box?

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 185 Moderator
    Jul 12, 2021

At present there is not a way to pause or rewind LIVE TV via the app. The On Demand content varies depending on the content restrictions set by the content/channel creators.

Randy

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,200 ADMIN
    Jul 12, 2021

@JohnnyDog

I'll add to this, the reason you cannot pause or rewind using the app is that the app exclusively streams live TV. When you pause and rewind on a DVR, the DVR actually uses temporary recordings to rewind and pause.

This discussion has been closed.