**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

1024 mb (1 gig) Internet Service WIFI Booster

broussmabroussma Posts: 1
edited July 16 in Connectivity Jul 13, 2021

Has anyone 'successfully' extended the footprint of a spectrum wireless tower (household) in a 3 story 'old' big old house utilizing WIFI Boosters, like: Extend, RangeXTD, WIFI Ultra boost, or Netgear? If so, care to share?

Thank you, Mark

Comments

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,622 Lead Mod
    Jul 15, 2021

Good Morning @broussma I am sorry that we did not get any responses from the community.

While my house is not that large, 2 stories only, I do have a Netgear Wifi Extender. I have found

it works very well for my purposes. It is old and we found that the interference from the building

materials was pretty severe. We are not having any issues now. I suspect that they would help in your situation as well.

If you decide to give extenders a shot we would love to hear back from you with your experience.

Julia_R

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 19, 2021

The 'Booster' and 'Extender' manufacturers will (rather aggressively) state the absolute maximum downlink speed their products can support. Spectrum's Gigabit service tier actually clocks out to about 940 Mbps download on Ookla SpeedTest while cable uploads will be in the 30 to 50 Mbps range.