Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum Wifi Profile - Android

khurramkhurram Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi

I have been trying to install the Wifi Profile on my S21+ but it just won't work. Up until a few days ago, it would simply close the app when I clicked on install profile. No error, nothing. Just the app would close.

Starting today, I don't even see the option to install the profile.

Reinstalled many times to no avail.

It works just fine on iOS. Tested on iphone XS. Fails on S20+ and S21+

Thanks,

Best Answer

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 15, 2021

Thanks for the question and sorry for the frustration.

It is my understanding that there is an update to the application that should resolve this. We encourage you to uninstall and reinstall the app to make sure you have the most up to date version.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble.

Have a great rest of the day!

Julia_R

• khurramkhurram Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jul 16, 2021

Which version is supposed to resolve this? I have 9.13.0 (latest from play store) and it doesn't even have the option to install a profile.

Thanks,

• DerrickRay84DerrickRay84 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jul 26, 2021

Any updates on this? The last version actually removed the profile option altogether on Android. We need a secure solution for Android. Not just iPhones.

• EHansenEHansen Posts: 1
    Aug 17, 2021

Spectrum is taking their sweet time resolving these bugs. The app is a mess. And because I'm not able to update my SpectrumWifi Plus Profile, the Spectrum Hotspots are all wanky with no option to connect to SpectrumWifi or SpectrumWifi Plus (only Spectrum Free Trial or Spectrum mobile) and if I do try to connect to a Spectrum hotspot, it's impossible to get a solid connection, even when standing inside a Spectrum store.

Also, the app will no longer let me change my wifi name or password, let alone just view it.

• MoJoJoMoJoJo Posts: 1
    Aug 20, 2021

I really need the SpectrumWiFi Plus Profile to work on my android devices. Has Spectrum given anyone any kind of timetable for when the android app will be fixed?

• MKAMKA Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Aug 25, 2021

Hi, my spectrum app no longer has wifi plus profile. It also does not have advanced wifi settings. 

This discussion has been closed.