Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum app on my Samsung tv works only 50% of the time vs on my tablet/phone 100% of the time.

aefeltonaefelton Posts: 4 ✭✭

When I want to look at Spectrum on my Samsung TV I have issues. As soon as I go to 'On Demand' I get as far as the movie or tv show of my choice and once I click on 'Watch' I get nothing. It actually freezes. I have deleted & reinstalled the app several time only to get the same results. The app works 100% on my tablet, phone & laptop. Is there something with my Samsung TV that's causing the issues?

Replies

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 124 MOD
    Jul 19, 2021

Good morning @aefelton and thanks for the great question. I actually have two Samsungs and the newest one does a great job updating but sometimes the TV OS updates make everything funky and the older one in my daughter's room has more issues with apps than the newest TV. What model/OS version are you running? And you probably have a compatible model but you can double check with the lookup tool at https://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00009313465

• aefeltonaefelton Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Jul 19, 2021

My tv: UN55KS8000. I'm new at this and some of the tech language can be a little confusing. So, is it my tv that's the problem?

Jul 19, 2021

I pulled up the full list of compatible devices listed on the Samsung website and couldn't find your model number. So it doesn't look like that version of tv plays nice with our Spectrum TV app. Since it isn't on the compatible device list I am surprised that it works at all. You may want to call Samsung support to see if they have any suggestions on a workaround or double-check your tv's compatibility. But, according to this list it isn't currently compatible.

Jul 20, 2021

Thank you! :)

Jul 21, 2021

UPDATE: Figured out how to do a factory reset on the TV. Now all is working fine! :)

Wondering if the new updates were interfering with my apps. YouTube app was also being affected. Now its working. :D

Jul 27, 2021

Wonderful! I always know when a TV update to its OS has happened because one or more apps get super buggy. Rebooting the tv like a computer usually (seems to) forces the tv to finish its updates. I am glad to hear your model is running our app. It wasn't listed on the Samsung website so I am a little surprised but heh... if it works it works! Thanks for the update!