**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

KenHartman86KenHartman86 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 21 in Connectivity Jul 20, 2021

Hello All,

I started to dig into an issue, I have had for the past few years on my modem. I started off replacing my Netgear CM1200 with the Netgear CM2000 modem both are approved by Spectrum for Giga internet service.

The log files for both modems are showing the following error more and more since mid 2020.

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out.

My Ring door bell and my UDM-Pro is set to send me notifications if if the internet goes out and I receive on average 8-10 notifications daily.

I also setup my pi-4 with a Speedtest on the network, since I do not believe I am getting the Giga (940Mbps) down service that I am currently paying for.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,900 ADMIN
    Jul 21, 2021

Hi and welcome!

The door bell functions on wireless, so you may be getting interference between to the doorbell and the modem. What speed are you getting on a speedtest? What is the speed on wireless vs direct connect to the modem? Have you had a recent service call?

• KenHartman86KenHartman86 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Jul 21, 2021

Hello,

You missed the part where my UDM-Pro is also sending me notifications of the network going down. My speeds vary throughout the day.

In the last 24 hours, speed test has been all over the board. Even between the hours of midnight to 6:00 am.

No, I have not had a recent service call.

Jul 21, 2021

If your service is intermittent, then we suggest a service call to have a technician come out and investigate. If you need assistance scheduling an appointment, please let us know.

Jul 21, 2021

I just spoke with a Tier 1 rep in live chat regarding my issues of T3 time outs. They told me that it wasn't that big of an issue, which then I pointed out that the speed tests I have set to run on my Raspberry Pi and are saved the rep changed their story. Magically then there were signal issues going to my modem and wants to push a cable installer to come to my house.

I need a networking person at Spectrum to look at the signal issues hitting my modem to help with this.

Jul 21, 2021

First step would be to have a technician investigate the issue with a service call. There is likely an issue such as a damaged coax cable between your home and the pole, or other similar issue that needs attention. Be sure to keep any speed tests or log data, as it may be useful in diagnosing the issue.

Jul 21, 2021

Okay, then let's schedule a technician to come out so I can jump through this hoop.

Jul 21, 2021

Sure thing. I have sent you a private message to gather the information needed to set up a service call.