Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum WIFI profile on iOS, iPadOS, gets deleted every time device is shutdown/restarted.

toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 25 in My Spectrum App Jul 24, 2021

Spectrum WIFI profile on iOS, iPadOS, gets deleted every time device is shutdown/restarted.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,999 ADMIN
    Aug 22, 2021 Accepted Answer

@toolman1990

Sorry for the delay. The app team is aware of this issue, look for a fix in a future update.

Replies

Jul 27, 2021

Which model iPad are you using and what is the OS installed?

• toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27 Jul 27, 2021

James M this happens both on my Spectrum Mobile iPhone 11 Pro 64 GB A2160 iOS version 14.7.1 and on the Spectrum Mobile iPad 8th Generation 32 GB A2428 iPadOS version 14.7.1.

Jul 27, 2021

Thanks. Which version of the My Spectrum App is currently installed on each device?

Jul 27, 2021

On the iPad 8th Generation it shows My Spectrum app version 9.13 as the latest. On the iPhone 11 Pro it shows the My Spectrum app version 8.29 as the latest version.

Thanks. If you you go to Settings -> General -> Profile, does it show a Spectrum Wifi profile and if you select it, does it show that it is verified?

James M when you install the Spectrum WIFI profile it shows their until you shutdown/reboot the iPhone/iPad and the profile is gone/deleted upon reboot. When it is their it does show verified. But it is annoying that you have to reinstall the profile every time you turn off/reboot device.

Jul 27, 2021

Thanks. Next steps would be to remove the profile(s), then delete and reinstall the app, then download the profile again.  After that, try to replicate the issue and let us know if the profile still gets deleted.

Their is no profile to delete since it got removed during reboot. All I can do is reinstall it and once the device is shutdown or rebooted the profile is gone and I have to reinstall it again. I have uninstalled and reinstall the My Spectrum App that did not fix the issue. Once I install the profile it shows verified but as soon as the device is powered off or restarted the profile is gone/deleted.

Jul 27, 2021

Thanks. I can reach out to our contacts and see if I can determine any next steps. I can provide an update when I get additional information. In the interim, it looks as if you will need to reconfigure your WiFi profile after restarting the devices.

Aug 20, 2021

James_M have you heard anything back and if not do I need to file an escalation ticket for this issue?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Aug 20, 2021

Hello!

James is away for a few days, I will make sure when he returns he gets back to you!

Did not want you to think we were leaving you hanging! Hope you are having a good day!

Julia_R