Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Cant seem to be able to play online games with spectrum

Archangel1288Archangel1288 Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited August 10 in Internet 2021 Archive Jul 25, 2021

I suspect that the issue of constant disconnect during online game play has to do with spectrum modems or routers inability to maintain a steady stream of signal. I believe the reason why this is unnoticeable in other applications like watching videos or loading pages is because the signal is not required to be as constant.

therefore, I can only assume that we cannot game with spectrum

Replies

• Archangel1288Archangel1288 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Jul 25, 2021

Constantly.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 25, 2021

Sorry to hear you are having trouble, we can definitely look into this with you.

If you would like to post your modem logs and some additional information we can do some investigation.

Have you had a technician out to the home? Do you have the same issues on Wifi and hardwired to the modem?

Julia_R

Jul 25, 2021

Technicians have come out before and replaced the terminations on the wall.

That helped for a week or so then back to failing. The fail happens while directly connected.

Jul 25, 2021

Are you able to login to the modem to grab those logs? We would also want to take a peek at the signal levels and FEC data if possible.

Julia_R

Jul 26, 2021

I have no idea how to do any of that.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,018 ADMIN
    Jul 27, 2021

Sounds like you probably need another service call to investigate the issue in person. If you need assistance setting up a service call, please let us know.

• sebas1212sebas1212 Posts: 1
    Jul 28, 2021

Been having the same issue. At this point spectrum sucks, changed out everything even equipment.

Aug 01, 2021

Hello @sebas1212 very very rarely are 2 issues the same cause. If you would like some input from the community I would encourage you to start your own thread and post some additional information

about your issues so we can take a look.

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.