Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Intermittent Latency Issues While Gaming

OwimyrOwimyr Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 28 in Connectivity Jul 28, 2021

I am experiencing intermittent latency issues during online gaming sessions, specifically while playing world of warcraft, over the past few months. This is something that happens for an hour or so every few hours, with no specific time pattern. In an attempt to troubleshoot, I've restarted my modem and router (netgear equipment, not spectrum's) and also performed a traceroute to the servers in question per the Blizzard troubleshooting steps (screenshot below from WinMTR).

As you can see, there is one node that jumps out right away, xe0013.dllctxra02h.texas.rr.com. This one has intermittent high response times across multiple tests and days. Since this isn't something within my home network, and appears to be beyond my building, is there anything that can be done?

Comments

• OwimyrOwimyr Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jul 28, 2021

Following up, having traced to another IP (1.1.1.1), there was also a bit of packet loss on the same hostname.

• OwimyrOwimyr Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited July 29 Jul 29, 2021

Technician came out, removed a splitter in the wall, and said it was fixed, but still getting the same results.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Aug 01, 2021

Are you still having these problems this weekend?

Can you repost new info? Your modem logs would be great to review. Signal levels and FEC data also

very good to take a look at..

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.