Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Community Wifi & Ring Doorbell

Sorento17Sorento17 Posts: 1 Newcomer
in Connectivity Aug 04, 2021

Hi all!

I hope you are well! I am community wifi via Spectrum and have been unable to connect my Ring Doorbell successfully to this wifi.

I did make sure that I entered the MAC address (and double, triple-checked) on my community management page. Even with this done, it still is unable to connect to wifi.

I suspect the issue is that this community wifi has multiple APs and that it is not connecting to the same one as the phone. I have contacted this company's support multiple times to no avail. I am wondering if someone else has encountered this issue and discovered a fix!

Thank you so much for your time!

--Ringless&Routerless

Tagged:

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 412 Moderator
    Aug 05, 2021

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I apologize for the issues that you are having. Have you tried to reach out to Ring to see if they have any suggestions? Community wifi is different from regular home wifi so it could be possible that it is not compatible. Generally speaking you would just need to be connected on the same wifi network and name that should be fine. But again there could be something with Ring itself that is causing issues.

-Tyleen

This discussion has been closed.