Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

How do I add a New Email Account?

GunslingerGunslinger Posts: 10 Spectator
edited August 2021 in Internet 2021 Archive Aug 04, 2021

I am trying to add a new email account. I am the main account, and have gone to Settings>People and selected "Add Person".

When I do that, it asks for a name and email, but does not seem to actually create an account. My user list shows the newly entered name but it says "invite sent".

I'm not trying to invite any existing account, I'm trying to create a new one. I can't seem to find any other place to do this, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,391 ADMIN
    edited August 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Hi and welcome!

To add an email, you want to first go to Spectrum Self Care, then add a person. The username will be the email username and the domain name will be added automatically. You can add up to five sub accounts once you have created your master account.

I've included links below to Spectrum Self Care and a support page with step by step instructions to create a new email account.

Thanks for the question!

EDIT:

Spectrum self-care is for legacy TWC and legacy Brighthouse customers to mange emails

Legacy Charter customers will use Spectrum.net to manage and create new emails

• GunslingerGunslinger Posts: 10 Spectator

Does self-care have a completely different set of log-in credentials then the normal spectrum.net log-in? My log-in for my spectrum account is not working on the self-care link you posted.

Additionally, the instructions you linked do not allow me to create a new user. When clicking on "create username" it only allows me to verify my current username via a code sent through a text message, and then says "Your account already has an existing username"

At no point did it offer the creation of an additional new user email for my account.

Aug 04, 2021

New users can only be created in the Self Care Portal. To login into self care, you need to use your master/admin email account and email password. Once logged in, you will see the button to "Add a Person".

I tried that, but self-care is not accepting my username/password. I can log into spectrum.net just fine, see my account, etc, but attempting to log into self-care says "The info you entered doesn't match our records. Please try again."

To clarify, the link i normally log into is id.spectrum.net, and it works.

self-care.portals.spectrum.net does not.

You can test the email and password by trying to log into your email account at:

Be sure you are using the master or admin account. If you are unable to log into email, then you will need to reauthenticate by changing your password. Also, be sure there are no additional spaces or characters and the email address is correct.

Aug 04, 2021

Entering my log in info on webmail.spectrum.net immediately redirects me to id.spectrum.net and I have to log in again. I am only getting successful log-ins on the id.spectrum.net page.

Aug 04, 2021

id.spectrum.net is used to authenticate users. If you are getting redirects, then you are entering an incorrect email or password. For further assistance, you will need to call in so you can authenticate the account and verify your identity before proceeding.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I am only getting redirected from the webmail link.

I can log in perfectly fine with id.spectrum.net. I can view my billing, my email, I can change my credit card info, my contact info, delete users. How is this an incorrect email/password?

The only thing I'm unable to do is ADD a new email, or log in to any of the other links you've sent me.

Aug 04, 2021

Logging into spectrum.net is a separate username and password. Selfcare requires you log in with the email and password you use to access email. If you search under "People", please ensure you are attempting to access self care with an email that is assigned an "Admin" or "Primary" role. If the email is a "Standard" email, then that email does not have sufficient permission to add sub accounts. As well, there is a limit of five sub accounts that can be added. If you have reached that limit, you will not be able to add additional users.

My account is Primary. My wife is Admin. I can log in to our emails via id.spectrum.net with both. I can not log into self-care or webmail with those accounts. Tried both of them.

We currently have 4 accounts total. I am attempting to add a 5th.

edited August 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Clarification Update: The 4 accounts were all made years ago, when the company was called Charter and not Spectrum. Perhaps something was misconfigured in the move?

edited August 2021 Aug 05, 2021

My apologies, I should have asked for clarification. I was giving directions for adding an account to a legacy TWC account, and from your last post, I am concluding that you are legacy Charter. The process is similar, but with a couple differences, which is why I was confused. Spectrum self-care is for legacy TWC and legacy Brighthouse customers only. That is why you were getting the redirect. Legacy Charter customers use Spectrum.net (where you were) to create email.

So back you your original post:

I am trying to add a new email account. I am the main account, and have gone to Settings>People and selected "Add Person".

When I do that, it asks for a name and email, but does not seem to actually create an account. My user list shows the newly entered name but it says "invite sent".

I'm not trying to invite any existing account, I'm trying to create a new one. I can't seem to find any other place to do this, what am I doing wrong?

For legacy Charter customers, when you "Add Person", you are adding the name of the person, but the email you add needs to be an existing email (either yours or for the person you are adding). When you see "invite sent", then another email is sent to the email you entered and then the invitation needs to be accepted and the registration process can be completed. At the registration step, the new email will be created.

Hope this helps, and again, apologies for my confusion.

Aug 06, 2021

Appreciate you sticking with me James. It looks like you have a lot of variables to figure out on your end, so no worries about the mix-up, completely understand.

This was the correct route, I was able to navigate through and create a new user. This seems to have opened up another can of worms though, but that can be saved for another thread - this one is solved.

Thanks James!

This discussion has been closed.