Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Do I have to add in a new program to have my shows recorded?

D_s_QuestionsD_s_Questions Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 9 in TV Equipment Aug 07, 2021

How would I do that?

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭✭
    Aug 07, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello,

Assuming that you are talking about the set top box, you would need to let the DVR know that you want to set up a recording. To do this, you must have a DVR box and have it authorized for DVR services:

You can record individual movies and shows by either searching for them through your guide's time grid, or pressing the search button (some remotes call this the B-button in the remote.) This will bring up an on-screen keyboard where you can key in information about the show title that you are seeking. Spectrum's modern boxes also allow you to search not only by title, but for Movies, Sports, Sports Teams, Events, Actors, and channels..

When you take action on a show, through the Time Grid or the keyboard search, follow the on-screen prompts to set up a recording. Go to the highlighted show in the Time Grid or press the B-button or search button on your remote to take action on a highlighted show for recording.

If you are setting up a series, which would typically be weekly episodes of a show and select "Record Series" you will be asked on that prompt how many episodes of the series you want to keep, if you want to record "New Episodes Only" (Recommended) or "All Episodes." You use the left and right arrows to toggle your record series options to set up a series recording

Keep in mind the following:

On Demand shows can not be recorded. You must have the station in your subscription package to receive its On Demand content

The new Spectrum World Boxes, (no clocks) do not have the ability yet to remotely record through the Spectrum TV app.

A DVR is not a permanent storage archive. To avoid filling up your DVR too much, I recommend watching your DVR'ed shows within a period of one month and than deleting them for best performance.

Use the left and right arrow keys in the record a show set up screen to add additional time to the end of a show. It is a good idea, to add one hour for all live sporting events! You can also use the left and right arrow keys, to start the DVR 1 minute early so that you don't miss a show's opening.

Google Search, "What Guide do I have?" Spectrum, which will bring up a page where you can enter your street address and select your program guide for more detailed instructions on how to set up recordings for your specific guide.

Satch

Replies

This discussion has been closed.