Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

T3 timeouts and other errors

unclebub1973unclebub1973 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭
in Connectivity Aug 11, 2021

For the past several months I have been receiving messages like

- started unicast maintenance ranging no response received

- 16 consecutive T3 timeouts

I have tried

- two routers

- removed splitters

- line from outside direct to router

- signal amplifier

- moca filter

- different coax cables

Some days I lose connectivity 3-4 times, seems very random. Sometimes the upstream light blinks when connectivity drops, sometimes not.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,109 ADMIN
    Aug 11, 2021

Hi and welcome!

What equipment / modem are you currently using? When was the last time you had a service call?

• unclebub1973unclebub1973 Posts: 7 ✭✭✭
    Aug 11, 2021

The newest router that I tried is a Netgear c7000v2. I currently have a Motorola MG7550 hooked up.

I have not had a service call in years, I've been trying different things to see if I could resolve it.

Aug 11, 2021

Thanks! I am seeing some indications of upstream and downstream signal level issues. These would need to be addressed by a technician and are likely due a worn or damaged coax. If you need assistance setting up a service call, please let us know.

Aug 11, 2021

I would like to set up a service call, let me know what information you need.

Aug 11, 2021

Thanks. I will be sending you a private message shortly to collect the additional needed information.

Aug 12, 2021

I have a service call scheduled for 8/16 between 8am and 9am. I will post an update after that appointment.

Aug 16, 2021

Technician was here at 8am. He replaced the line from the pole to the house, the fittings outside, and the fitting on the end of the cable to goes into my modem. I'll post back in a few days with updates.

Aug 18, 2021

It's been 48 hours, and I have not lost connectivity. No errors on the modem as well. I do see 822 uncorrected downstream packets, I suspect that's within some sort of tolerance level.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 419 MOD
    Aug 18, 2021

Glad to hear that you haven't lost connection. The uncorrectables you are seeing are definitely within the tolerance level. If you notice any changes in that, please let us know.

Thank you.

Paul_B

Aug 23, 2021

It's been a week since the tech visited, and I have not lost connection during that time. No errors on the modem as well.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 148 MOD
    Aug 23, 2021

Very glad to hear that. Thanks for taking the time to send along the good news.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.