Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How to override end of episode options.

TempUsernameTempUsername Posts: 4 Spectator

I have been taping several series of previously aired programs. One nearly constant part with these programs is a "wrap up" comment at the end. I have tried adding to the stop time, but the closing lines are still cut off. Is there are work around?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,396 Contributor
    Aug 14, 2021

Hello,

Welcome to the Community!

You would need to add more stop time to the program under "Record Options" or "Record Series with Options." Instead of only adding one minute of stop time, add maybe three minutes. Look at when the program ends, and than add more end time based on when that program ends.

It seems that no networks start or end at exactly the time in the Time Grid guide anymore.

For live sports shows, I always add a full extra hour of program end time.

Satch

• TempUsernameTempUsername Posts: 4 Spectator
    Aug 14, 2021

I routinely add five minutes to these series, but there remains the stop which is short of the actual ending. I then have to select "delete and play next episode" to see more. The restart produces a gap that eliminates what is said to end the program which is often a punch line type comment. I will try adding thirty minutes, but I don't think it will be any different. Thanks for you advice either way.

Aug 20, 2021

Thanks!

Is it always the same shows or series that exhibit this behavior? Does this happen on the same channels or multiple channels? With five minutes of extra time added, your DVR should be picking up the complete end of shows with room to spare.

If adding more time does not work, whereas the extra time is being ignored, I would recommend a service call to check your signals and drop line. If the signals and drop line are good, you may want to consider swapping out your box.

Satch

Aug 20, 2021

Thanks for the advice. The problem I have appears across multiple channels and different series. I have added five minutes to both ends, start time and end time. I even tried adding thirty minutes. When the tapes reach the point where the program is supposed to end, I get the "delete tape and show next episode", etc. If I have it set to tape extra, I will see more of the ending, but typically the closing comments of the show are fractured and incomprehensible. In some cases it isn't a major problem, but often it leaves me in the dark like not knowing if the verdict was innocent or guilty.

Aug 21, 2021

@5622160781

I would call and get a tech out, Request a signal and drop line test, If that is good, Get a different box.

Satch

Aug 21, 2021

Thanks. Will do.

This discussion has been closed.