Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

It's a 1-hour show, but it only records part of it

ErnieLaneErnieLane Posts: 2 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Aug 14, 2021

I have my DVR set up to record three one-hour shows (the new ones) every evening. It records the first (8-9) and third (10-11) flawlessly. About half the time, it only records part of the second one (9-10) -- it starts late and records until 10. The amount of time varies, and once was only the last 17 seconds! Any ideas why -- and it's only this show?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14 Aug 14, 2021

Hello,

What is the name of the show and the station on which you are trying to record. Can you record another show on the same station? Is this show set up as a single recording, or part of a series?. Also, Google Search, "What guide do I have?", Spectrum. Enter your street address on the Google search found Spectrum site and tell us the name of your guide. Also, do you have a two tuner box? A four tuner World Box (no clock?) Or a six tuner box? Do you have any recording conflicts showing up in DVR Manager? Are all three shows on the same station?

Satch

• ErnieLaneErnieLane Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Aug 14, 2021

Hannity on FNC. I also record Tucker and Laura on the same channel. All are series recordings, new only. I don't understand the Guide thing. I've never had any recording conflicts and I don't know how many tuners my DVR has.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭✭
    Aug 14, 2021

Do you know the model of your box?

If it is a two-tuner box, you will only be able to record two shows at one time. But since it is only on one channel, I would recommend:

1.) Contacting Spectrum for a signal and drop line test, When the tech comes, tune to FNC so that he can take a signal reading of that channel. If signals are poor, the tech will update your drop line and/or wiring.

2.) Do you have a box with a clock or no clock. If you have a box with a clock, most likely it is only two tuners, swap out that box for a four-tuner World Box (no clock box.) Your signals and lines should be checked first. New boxes won't solve signal problems. We have had a ton of storms around the country, so call to set up a signal and drop line test. Tune to FNC when the tech comes for him to take a reading of the channel. If signals are good, ask for a new World Box.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.