Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

JJK1954JJK1954 Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
in TV Equipment Aug 18, 2021

I'm sure by now most people are beginning to but 4K TV's. But Spectrum cable boxes are NOT 4K ready. Am I correct?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭✭
    Aug 18, 2021

The boxes aren't 4K yet. Sure that this is in future plans but don't know when.

Satch

• JJK1954JJK1954 Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    Aug 18, 2021

At this point I seriously doubt that will happen. New Cable boxes are not on Spectrum's radar.

• toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭
    Aug 19, 2021

I would assume any 4K content would be on their Spectrum TV app on 4K compatible streaming devices.

• Kevin903Kevin903 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Sep 02, 2021

Forget getting 4K on their cable boxes. They have the worst boxes available and do not have many features their competitors do. You will have to get a ROKU 4K stick and get it that way. Not a lot of content out there anyway right now. Now when they start broadcasting major sports in 4K there will be a huge demand for it but the networks will have to start getting new 4K equipment.