Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why can't I stream all of my channels from my phone via AirPlay to my LG TV on my home network?

amattscottamattscott Posts: 2 ✭✭

I just added service and I only get a small percentage of the channels to actually play on the TV from my phone, even thought the phone screen shows "playing on your TV" when I select those channels. I don't have parental controls on, and getting the app on an LG smart TV apparently is not possible. I just want to be able to stream all of the channels to my TV. There is no logical reason that I have found as to why one channel works and another does not. For example the local FOX channel works, but the local NBC channel does not.. ESPN works but SEC Network does not.

Replies

• Ruben_RRuben_R Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    edited August 20 Aug 20, 2021

Are you able to play the channel fine on the phone but not on the TV?

• amattscottamattscott Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 22 Aug 22, 2021

Yes. I have tried on my phone and my wive’s phone and both play the shows. As soon as I hit the cast button and select the TV, the phone says playing on your TV, the name of the show appears on my TV screen but never begins to play. Unless it is Fox, ESPN, ESPN2, CW, those channels work every time. And the app on my Samsung TV plays every channel. Same home network of course.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 104 MOD
    Aug 23, 2021

I apologize for any confusion. In order for content to be played via Air Play to the TV, even when connected to the home network, we require permission from the network. Not all networks will allow it, so not all channels will be able to be cast that way. The app on the TV would function the same as the the app on the phones as far as showing the content goes, so the channels would be available directly within the app.

This discussion has been closed.