Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Horrible Connectivity

jaybirdtxjaybirdtx Posts: 1
in Connectivity Aug 24, 2021

Not one day goes by that either my internet or cable experiences some sort of interuption in service. I have not yet been able to simply watch a show hrs. more than 1 hr.. Alot of times it's just a delay in broadcast. And others it will completely shut down. Nevertheless, it's very poor service. And we are contemplating going BACK to our previous carrier.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭
    Aug 24, 2021

Hi @jaybirdtx ,

With evidence of both cable TV and Internet problems daily, this is an indication of a signal or drop line problem. You will need to call Spectrum and set up a service call for a "Signal and Drop Line Test." This is a check of the cable line outside your home and the wiring inside your home that connects all of your services. Inside wires can get old. Outside wiring can become problematic to bad weather, animal chews and corrosion from aging.

Swapping out equipment won't fix this. Updating your wiring will do that. I would also have your service check check the signals for any CATV On Demand Channel. These are often one of the first signs of signal issues if On Demand does not come in properly.

Satch

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 148 MOD
    Aug 24, 2021

Good morning @jaybirdtx !

I apologize for the frustration. I also agree with @Satch , with issues happening with both of your services it sounds like a wiring or connection problem. Have you already called (1-855-707-7328) in to have an agent check the signals? What troubleshooting have you done? If not, I can help further to get this fully resolved for you.

One quick thing to check; if your TV and internet equipment are coming off the same wire (through a splitter) make sure all the connecting points from the back of the equipment, to and from the splitter and then to the wall are all still good and tight. If that is how you are set up but they are still tight, the issue could also be with the splitter.

That's the only quick scenario I have seen when all services are affected. If that isn't your situation or everything is good to go with regard to the connecting points, and you haven't called in already, I can message you privately to get your account information and take a look.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.