Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why does internet drop out daily at same time everyday?

Sheila11Sheila11 Posts: 1
in Connectivity Aug 27, 2021

For past few weeks at 4:30 PM (give or take) my internet service drops out. I am in the Knightdale, NC area.

Using my phone I check and every time I find an 'outage in your area' message with an estimated repair time. The message indicates consistently the problem started at 3 - 3:30 PM. (If I interpret that correctly, the problem starts one hour before my service is affected. Repair time estimate is anywhere from 3 to 4 hours.

On the 'good side,' in general the service returns very near that estimated time. However, I figure I have been out of internet service for about 30 hours collectively over the past two weeks.

Also, many times my 'uplink' will lock only one channel when the service resumes. Per what I glean from the internet, there may be a problem with a voltage differential on the line. Cable speeds and operations seems normal though I have an amber light on the modem.

Who can advise why this keeps happening? What email address or postal address can I use to lodge a written formal complaint?

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 114 MOD
    Aug 28, 2021

@Sheila11

Hello and welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the internet issues you're experiencing. We'd be happy to help here. You stated that this is happening daily around the same time of day. Around what time does this usually happen? When it does happen, is there always an outage notice showing in the app or is it only some of the time, even if the internet connection is down?

This discussion has been closed.