Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum TV app is not allowing me to schedule recordings

120mal120mal Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 20 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App Sep 01, 2021

App is not allowing me to schedule recordings and not showing the list of shows I have recorded

Tagged:

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,070 ADMIN
    Sep 08, 2021 Accepted Answer

This question was previously asked and answered here: DVR functionality on app disappeared

Not all DVR's support device management with the app. This is known issue with the DVR. Unfortunately, we do not have a time frame for when it will be resolved. Alternately, you can manage the DVR online from a browser at watch.spectrum.net and logging in with your credentials.

Replies

• Kevin903Kevin903 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Sep 01, 2021

Go to DVR icon and make sure the right device is selected. The app is not smart enough to pick the DVR.

• 120mal120mal Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Sep 01, 2021

They are just code numbers how do I know which is the one for the dvr. I have not changed anything so I’m not sure why it would change. I’ve tried the ot

Sep 01, 2021

It says recording list unavailable Icm 1009

• Kevin903Kevin903 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Sep 01, 2021

Just try checking each one to see if it works or go to settings on DVR to see what the device name is. Easy.

Sep 01, 2021

It is on the correct device.. but can not see my list of recordings or scheduled recordings. Says it is unavailable

Sep 02, 2021

Sorry this is happening to you to, but glad I’m not the only one. It’s always something. Can’t anything just work the way it’s supposed to.. And why didn’t t they just say that in the beginning ?

• stturnerstturner Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2 Sep 02, 2021

Not working for me on Android either. It worked a week or 2 ago. Not sure if it worked since app updated

• stturnerstturner Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Sep 02, 2021

Not working for me on Android either. It worked a week or 2 ago. Not sure if it worked since app updated. Tried everything suggested here and other places Guess I'll have to schedule everything at home.

Sep 02, 2021

Can someone tell me when the app will be working on iPad and iPhones? You can watch but still cannot manage dvr

• PmmnycPmmnyc Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Sep 20, 2021

I have the exact same problem. Tried every which way to troubleshoot.

Sep 21, 2021

Just found out via an extremely helpful Spectrum tech that Spectrum is installing boxes that are known to NOT be compatible with the iOS app. Nor is the fix simple. You need to go to a Spectrum store and hope you get a smart enough person to give you a compatible box. Good luck.

• meme2021meme2021 Posts: 1
    edited September 23 Sep 23, 2021

Have had this same problem off and on. However, this time one DVR is working fine and the other is saying Recording List Not Available. Sorry Pmmnyc, but it is NOT a problem with the box since I have been able to see my recordings list in the past for this box...it is definitely an app problem.

I find it amazing that a cable tech company can't seem to get their app to work properly and when you call support they have no answers other than "We know it is a problem...we're working on it"....yeah, sure you are!!! Guess we all have to wait until the problem gets resolved, knowing it will probably happen again in the future!

I also find the solution of getting a new box is not satisfactory until they allow the transfer of recordings to the new box...

• DARMARDARMAR Posts: 2
    Sep 28, 2021

I am having the same problem. Chatted with a tech, no help. I have had the same box for several years but now I am not able to manage recordings on the app or online. I am able to manage the recordings from the DVR.

Sep 29, 2021

Just to be clear, per the spectrum tech person… certain boxes are NOW no longer compatible with the iOS app. What may have worked perfectly in the past, no longer does. Yes, I agree meme2021, it is nuts. One would think a simple update of the app would fix things. ☹️

Oct 02, 2021

Looks like they fixed it. Mine is now working. Fingers crossed.

• nickijmnickijm Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Oct 03, 2021

Today it seems to be working on my Tablet through the app but no luck with the app on my phone or on the computer. At least I have it working in one place so I can adjust and record my shows, using it through the box is a pain! Still hoping it gets fixed on all of them soon.