Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

cDVR Live Recording Buffering Issues on Apple tv App

BMcCaulsBMcCauls Posts: 1
edited September 2 in Spectrum TV App Feedback - Apple Sep 02, 2021

Recently I have been having some issues when watching shows that have a recording in progress. On my previous service, YouTube TV, I was able to start recording a show, and then jump in a half hour later to skip through what I do not want to watch. I switched for a better channel selection at a better price. But what I have been having issues with is when I start my recording, the closer I get to the "live time" the worse the buffering gets. My connection is perfectly fine, as any other 4K quality video will stream perfectly after I have these issues. And all other devices read fast speed tests. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,067 ADMIN
    Sep 02, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi and welcome!

This is a known issue with cDVR. cDVR will encounter buffering and pixilation when playback is started while the recording is still in progress. The workaround at this time is to allow the recording to complete before starting playback. Our developers are aware of the issue, however there is not an ETA for a resolution.

Replies

• David_C0108David_C0108 Posts: 1
    Sep 03, 2021

I’m having the same issue. Very disappointing. YouTube TV’s cloud dvr worked so much better. Hope you fix it soon.

• EstreamerEstreamer Posts: 1
    Sep 04, 2021

I have the same issue described above. Disingenuous to suggest waiting until the recording is complete. That does not work well when watching a 3 hour game, for example. I hope this problem gets fixed soon.

This discussion has been closed.