Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

IP addresses per modem

jmradosjmrados Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Home Networking Sep 09, 2021

Hi,

I was wondering how many IP addresses each household (single modem) has. The only reason that I ask is I really want to segment my home network into 2 separate networks without putting strain on a single router to handle all the traffic for the 2 networks.

I would like to put all the "streaming" devices on their own network and have another for our computers, phones and tablet devices.

I know that I can do a 2nd network via Lan to Wan, but want to reduce the amount of work that 1 router is doing and thusly split the work into 2 routers without having to build a PFSense router.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Sep 10, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello!

Our residential customers get one public IP. Our business Class customers are able to get blocks of

Static IPs if they would like, residential however gets one.

Julia_R

Replies

• jmradosjmrados Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 12, 2021

Thank you,

I will look into the cost difference between a residential and business line to see which one makes sense or to have 2 separate networks from one router.