Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

No longer able to program DVR from android app

phil7784phil7784 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 12 in Community Follow Up Sep 11, 2021

i have been using the android Spectrum app for years to program my DVR when I am not at home. Since about 2 weeks ago that function no longer works.. The DVR (ARRIS) works perfectly using the remote control. I have made multiple phone calls for tech assistance and had 2 technician visits do far - all to no avail. They have redone all my home wall connectors and replaced the DVR with a Cisco one. All that did was remove my whole house DVR so that I could no longer watch recorded pgms from any other TV. Today they replaced the DVR with the previous model so that function is back.. I believe Spectrum has deliberately taken away the control of recording from the app, but no one seems to know about this or why/if it was done. Does anyone have any info on this problem?

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Sep 12, 2021

Good morning and welcome to the community. I can guarantee you that we have not taken away the remote DVR function. We can look into this with you. Do you have more than one DVR at the home or just this one?

When we see this issue it is normally going to be an issue where the DVR in question is either a World Box, this does not sound like your issue, the second thing we would then look into is the connection / communication with the DVR. For Remote DVR function to work the boxes have be in two way communication, meaning the billing system and the box need to be able to speak back and forth to each other. If a box is falling out of that particular mode, the system cant sync up the app/website and the box its self.

Can you tell us a little bit about the situation. When did this start? If you have other DVRs in the home, are you able to still access/manage those via the app? If you do have other DVRs and they do work my first troubleshooting step would be to make sure the DVR in question is listed in the MyAccount app properly. It that checks out I would then want to take the DVR that is having the problem and hook it up in the room/location that there is currently a working situation. Reboot the DVR at that new location and see if you then have access to the function. I do feel like we have ruled out it being a hardware issue, replacing the device there in the home would clear that. The next item would be to check that specific location against another.

Julia_R

• phil7784phil7784 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 12 Sep 12, 2021

Thank you for the response. To answer your questions:

I have only 1 DVR, setup as a "whole house DVR" with 4 additional 'client' boxes. This worked perfectly until appx 2 weeks ago when the app started reporting that it was unable to connect with the DVR. I called Spectrum several times and they tried all the usual things like rebooting everything. Not enough space to continue.

• phil7784phil7784 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Sep 12, 2021

Reply continued: the App was Uninstaller and reinstalled. Arriss DCX3000-M box was replaced with a CISCO DVR which does not have 'wholehouse DVR' capability so I couldn't watch recordings on any of the client boxes. It also didn't fix the original problem Arriss box was put back so I am now back where I started. All equipment works perfectly except for the remote DVR function from the App. What next?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Sep 12, 2021

For this I would want to look at the logs in the cable box. They have internal modems and log errors and different information the same way an Internet modem does, this will tell us if that box is dropping out of the 2 way mode it needs to be in for that to work.

Im going to send you a PM to have you verify the account and take a look at those logs.

Julia_R