Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

New 4742HDC DVR issues

Kevin903Kevin903 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
in TV Equipment Sep 16, 2021

This is one buggy piece of equipment!

1. Powers on by itself.
  2. When attempting to view previous channel it freezes up and says cannot view this channel now.
  3. During 4 hour of watching will just simply reboot by itself.
  4. When switching to new channel if you had used the forward or backward button when you return to that channel it no longer live but stayed on where you left it or sometimes goes back to where you first stopped it.

Some of these issues may be caused by the new software on this box, if so it seems nobody did a Quality check on it and the programmers did not bother to see how the old system we like worked.

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 16, 2021 Accepted Answer

I will try that and put a call in. I thought each box sent in a report daily on if it was performing correctly?

Sup Kevin?

No, you have to call in for any service interruptions or equipment issues. The one exception is that if reports of six or more people have a problem in a node, that goes to auto dispatch. The six or more people, reporting the same issue, tells Spectrum's voicemail system to acknowledge a problem in the area(s) when you call in to report an issue.

Satch

Replies

Sep 16, 2021

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum! Some question for you:

1.) Is this a new box?

2.) Was it tech installed or self-installed?

You mentioned the new software on the box. It sounds like the box came with the new Spectrum Guide already on it? Or was the new guide installed as part of an overnight update?

The first thing to do is to call Spectrum for a signal and drop line test. You likely will need a different box because of the rebooting issues. But a lot of times freezing is a sign of a signal or drop line problem.. A box swap won't do anything for solving your issues if your signals and lines are bad. The tech will update your signals and lines if needed.

If your signals and lines are good, it sounds like a botched update and the tech would than replace the box. Call and get a tech out as soon as you can.

Satch

• Kevin903Kevin903 Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Sep 16, 2021

Yes brand new. I hooked it up and the connections are tight! It came with the new guide. This line was checked out by a technician about a month ago.

I will try that and put a call in. I thought each box sent in a report daily on if it was performing correctly?

Thanks

Sep 18, 2021

Kevin.

Please post back and let us know what happens with your box and signals. What the tech did?

Satch

This discussion has been closed.