Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Could we get the ability to create a Guest network on Spectrum router?

Of my 28 years of Internet surfing, Spectrum is the first ISP ever to have blocked all the controls on the wifi router they provide. Why cannot we create a Guest Wifi to provide access to our guest without risking them crawling our personal files on our network? The app is very limited and could easily provide this feature. Even the cheapest wifi router on the market has a guest wifi that you can enable or disable as you wish. Please Spectrum, I need some security on my network without the need to install a server room.

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 114 MOD
    Sep 19, 2021

Hello @ThierryC01

Welcome to our community! I apologize that our router controls do not meet your current needs. We do offer customers the option to use their own router should they require additional features or customization that our equipment does not allow for. Should you choose to use your own router, we do recommend calling in to have the account adjusted, both for any future troubleshooting and as there may be a WiFi charge that can be removed depending on which internet plan you have.

This discussion has been closed.