Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Legacy Receiver and New TV

AgainTooAgainToo Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭
in TV Equipment Sep 18, 2021

I'm thinking of buying a new TV as mine is about 15 years old. I am a Legacy customer, however, with no desire to change my TV service because I already have high costs and the tiers offered don't include the channels/networks I enjoy now unless I go for the highest tier and I cannot afford $200+ a month with internet.

So, my question is, if I get a new TV will I need a new receiver? My current receiver is a Motorola DCX3200MRF, and I have had it for at least 7 1/2 years if not longer.

Thanks for any information and all feedback. 😀

Accepted Answers

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 104 MOD
    Sep 19, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello @AgainToo !

A new receiver would not be necessary, but depending on your current set up, you may need to switch to an HDMI cable if you are using a composite connection (the red, yellow, and white connections) on your current TV. HDMI cables can be picked up at no charge at your local Spectrum store, or they can be mailed out to you as well.

• AgainTooAgainToo Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 19, 2021 Accepted Answer

@Renee_T Thank you for the quick reply. My current TV does use HDMI so that's not a problem. 👍️