Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

A Question For Reference about Moving and User Status in the Community

SatchSatch Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭

This is a reference question for everyone in the community when a response is given:

If a customer moves and signs up again with Spectrum, are they able to maintain the same account number or not? I assume that this may depend on if the new move is done within the same state?

If the customer is a member of our community, moves and retains the same account, would they still be able to keep their user-name and post status? If it is a new account, would they have to start all over again as a new user?

If the new user, new account situation applies with starting over, for the power users, there should be a way to bring back approximate levels of posts so that helpfullness experiance does not go away, if they move away to a new location, and need a new Spectrum Account.

I am not moving anywhere! LOL! This is just an account question for reference.

Satch

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,109 ADMIN
    Sep 28, 2021 Accepted Answer

Just adding to the above. If a member moves, they may need to create a new profile to match their new account credentials, however we can also merge profile content including comments and discussions. If desired, we can also change usernames. Thanks for the question!

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 114 MOD
    edited September 28 Sep 26, 2021

Hey @Satch

It's kind of a yes and no answer. The account number would change when you move because it's tied to your address, so if that changes, the account number changes. If you are transferring service from one address to another, sometimes we're able to transfer your My Spectrum information from one account to the other, which should transfer over your community information as well. If there's a gap in the services between one account being closed and the next being open, we aren't always able to transfer that information over and then a new account would need to be created and the number of posts would likely be lost. I'm not sure if we could update it on the back end, but I'll find out for you.

This discussion has been closed.