Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

cDVR skip back - Apple TV

sccrgoalie1sccrgoalie1 Posts: 3 Spectator

When watching recording clicking the right arrow skips 10 seconds as I would expect, but clicking the left arrow brings up the Guide. I have to pause to skip back and and then resume, which results in extra buffering and waiting. Holding the left arrow does the same thing, it does NOT start rewinding.

Is there a better way to do this?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,200 ADMIN
    Sep 27, 2021

Hi and welcome!

Are you using the remote that came with the Apple TV? Do you know about the Spectrum Remote for Apple TV?

• sccrgoalie1sccrgoalie1 Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited September 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Hey James, yes I'm using the remote that came with the Apple TV. I just ordered a couple of the Spectrum remotes, but not sure it will entirely fix the problem. I'm guessing I will be able to rewind easily, but I'm not sure I'll be able to skip back 10 seconds easily. Looks like I'll have one tomorrow, so I'll find out, unless you know?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,200 ADMIN
    Sep 27, 2021

I am not sure personally, but customers report liking the features on the Spectrum Remote. If you are rewinding, the buffering should be minimal. Let us know how the it works out with the Spectrum remote.

• sccrgoalie1sccrgoalie1 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Sep 29, 2021

I got the Spectrum Remote, it does allow rewind easily, but has the same issue with 10 second skip back. It brings up the guide, unless you pause first.

This discussion has been closed.