Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Cloud DVR not working properly for the last two days

MazelMazel Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
in Cloud DVR Oct 01, 2021

Cloud DVR not working properly for the last two or three days. On almost all recordings they will go blurry throughout the recording and then return to clear. Worse than that fast forwarding cannot be done throughout the recording. It either jumps back to the beginning or the middle or just buffers and then you cannot finish watching your recording. what’s going on?

as usual it’s only the spectrum app. And this is only happening on cloud recordings

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 104 MOD
    Oct 02, 2021

I'm sorry to hear about the cloud DVR issues. What type of device are you watching on?

• MazelMazel Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    edited October 12 Oct 12, 2021

I’m watching on Apple TV. But that shouldn’t matter this is a spectrum TV/cloud DVR issue. Which only started this month. Got absolutely no help from tech..

I was told they saw interference. How is this possible? Nothing has changed except the quality of my recordings. At &10 extra a month.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,065 ADMIN
    Oct 12, 2021

Are you also seeing an error code when this happens? For the recordings, are they completed when playback begins, or are you starting playback while the recording is still in progress?

Oct 12, 2021

No there’s no error code. the picture just blurs up every so often throughout the entire recording so that it is very annoying to watch unclearly. No I am not watching them before they are completed. This just started happening this month and I am positive it is a dvr issue.

(which is a poor feature, btw. people would like to start watching their shows while they are being recorded and not have to wait till they are complete. when I first started using the dvr I tried watching shows before they were completed, which is impossible. I called and called and talked to different techs and not one of them told me that you can’t watch a show before it had finished recording. I had to search the Internet/figure it out for myself. If someone would have just told me that from the beginning it would’ve save me weeks of aggravation)

Oct 13, 2021

Thanks for the additional information. Can you try launching cloudDVR using another supported device and let us know if you can reproduce the issue? Supported devices include iPhones and iPads, Android smartphone and tablets, Roku or you can launch in a browser on an laptop or desktop by going to watch.spectrum.net

Oct 13, 2021

It did not happen on my iPhone

edited October 13 Oct 13, 2021

Thanks. Then the cloudDVR is working correctly and the issue is with the Apple TV. Restarting (power off, then back on again) usually resolves most issues. If it is a connection issue, then you may need to reconnect to the network. It is also possible that another device near the Apple TV is causing interference with the play back signal, moving the Apple TV may help. Last, if the issue still continues, the Apple TV is typically connected to the TV with an HDMI cord, ensure the HDMI is secure or try swapping out the HDMI cord for a different cord.

Oct 13, 2021

Already restarted the Apple TV with The last spectrum tech I spoke to

There is nothing new near the Apple TV that could be causing interference, and it’s happening on every Apple TV in the house

I don’t know what reconnect the network means

the HDMI cord is fine.

edited October 13 Oct 13, 2021

Thanks. The Apple TV uses WiFi to get an internet signal from the home network. Disconnecting and then reconnecting will sometimes resolve the issue. You can also try restarting the modem and wireless router.

Oct 13, 2021

Yep already did both of these

Oct 13, 2021

Have you tried contacting Apple Support to troubleshoot? It sounds like the issue is with the Apple TV, since cloud DVR worked without issue on a different device.

Oct 13, 2021

Why would only the spectrum DVR recordings be affected and not any other apps on my Apple TV?

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 11 MOD
    Oct 15, 2021

Are you using a 4th Gen or 4K Apple TV? Have you recently ran a software update on it?

Oct 15, 2021

Apple 4K. Says Software is up-to-date.