Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

PS3 not accepting IP Fragments

smann77smann77 Posts: 7 ✭✭
in Connectivity Oct 04, 2021

I've been running a connection test on my Playstation 3 using a Sagemcom SAC2V2S router from Spectrum. For the past week I've been getting the message " The router in use may not support IP fragments". The internet connection test no longer shows download or upload speeds as well. I did the same test at my parents house using a different router with Cincinnati bell internet service and everything worked fine. Anybody know what's going on?

Replies

• Anthony_VAnthony_V Posts: 53 MOD
    Oct 05, 2021

Hello and welcome to the Community!

Are you unable to access the internet at all on the PS3 or is this just affecting the speeds showing in the connection test in the consoles network settings?

• Anthony
  • smann77smann77 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Oct 05, 2021

I can access the internet and the playstation network, but I don’t get any upload/download numbers. The test indicator spins for about a minute at that point, and then I get the message about the IP fragments.

edited October 5 Oct 05, 2021
  • Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 406 MOD
    Oct 07, 2021

Thank you for the additional information. It shows in your screen shot that UPnP is not available. I am wondering if that has anything to do with it. Can you check the router to see if that is turned on and test again?

Oct 09, 2021

i went into advanced router settings on the myspectrum app. UpNP was enabled there and on my PS3. It still says unavailable when i run the internet test.

Oct 09, 2021

I tried the internet connection test using an old netgear n600 router and everything works correctly. Not with the sagemcom router though.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 11 MOD
    Oct 09, 2021

This error message can be caused by the MTU setting. I recommend making sure your MTU is set to auto or 1492 on both the PS3 and the router.

If it was working previously you could try resetting the router to factory default by holding the reset button on the back for 20+ seconds (this will also reset the network name/password to default.) If this does not work I recommend doing a factory reset on the PS3 and making sure its firmware is updated.

You can try setting up port forwarding. The port numbers PlayStation servers use are TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478, 3479.

Are you having any connection issues or are you just unable to run the connection test? If you are just trying to test your speed you can try going to speedtest.net or spectrum.com/internet/speed-test through the web browser.

Oct 09, 2021

Ok so I went to port assignment and got to this screen. Now what do I do?

Oct 09, 2021

For the external and internal port it’s asking for a number between 1 and 65535.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 406 MOD
    Oct 09, 2021

For each port that needs to be opened you would want to set a separate entry. For instance, the assignment name would be just "PS3". For the external port and Internal port, it would be the required port number. The first one would be port 80 for both and then set the protocol as TCP. Repeat this process for each port that needs to be opened.