Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Can Number of Series Episodes to Save/Channel to Record be added to Spectrum Guide?

SatchSatch Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
in TV Equipment Oct 05, 2021

Hello All,

I am still running the ODN Guide on my Cisco 9865 DVR. When setting up a series recording in ODN, there are filters where you can specifcy the number of series recordings to save. (Either 3, 5, 7, 15, or all.) In addition to the option to save "New Episodes Only" or "All Episodes." Additionally you can also filter the time/channel that you want the episodes to record.

Does Spectrum Guide have the option to select how many episodes to save? I could be wrong but I don't think it does. Neither do you have the options for channel/time filtering. afaik. For example, if a series is designated as "New" and shows "New" on channel 12 and 202 at 9:00 pm on Channel 12 and 12:00 am on channel 202, ODN allows you to say, "I want New Episodes only AND I only want the New episode on channel 12 to record at 9:00pm.

For Spectrum Guide, using the above example, you can record "New Episodes only" but you can't specify the filtered time and channel for new episodes. So if you have Spectrum Guide set to record that series, it is going to record both the channel 12 showing above at 9:00PM and the 12:00am showing on channel 202, if the channel 202 showing is designated by Spectrum Guide's Time Grid as "New."

It appears you can only select "New Episodes" or "All episodes" and pad start/end times. But you can't filter down further by channel or specify the exact number of episodes to keep. This filtering functionality needs to be added to Spectrum Guide.

The photo below illustrates the screen to which I am referring on Spectrum Guide:

Satch

Replies

• catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 05, 2021

Neither of those DVR options are available on our World Boxes running Spectrum Guide

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 05, 2021

Thank you @catchtwentytwo !

Mods, please forward this thread to the Spectrum Guide Development Team requesting the ability to do the following:

1.) Provide options for the number of episodes to save to DVR in a series (like ODN) in a future software update.

2.) Provide the ability to filter the specific time and channel for which you want a series to record, (also like ODN) in a future software update..

Satch

• catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 05, 2021

I second Satch's request. AT&T Uverse and Frontier Vantage TV both have offered the "number of episodes to save" for many years

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12 Oct 12, 2021

Sup All?

Can a mod please forward this feedback to the Spectrum Guide Development Team? I got asked this question yesterday!. "Can Spectrum add number of series episodes to keep and series recording channel filters to Spectrum Guide, like they have for ODN?" I would recommend that series episodes to save be 3, 5, 7, 15, or all. What happened was a customer's box got updated from ODN to Spectrum Guide, He was telling me that he missed the above mentioned features that were a part of ODN...

Satch

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,065 ADMIN
    Oct 12, 2021

Sure thing @Satch, we'll be happy to forward the feedback !